Breve Resume de las Creencias Adventistas
"A Short Summary of Adventist Beliefs" - For english click here
a. Dios quiere salvarnos por medio de su gracia. Efesios 2:8,9; Tito 3:5; Romanos 6:23
De acuerdo con esto, creemos que el regalo de la profecía fue manifestado en el ministerio de Ellen The White de 1844-1915. Ellen The White jugó un papel un papel importante al ayudar a crecer la iglesia adventista del 7mo día para que fuera la iglesia protestante de más rápido crecimiento de todo el mundo. Ella enseño que nuestras creencias son basadas en la biblia y no de sus propios escritos, cada creencia establecida tiene base.
16. Apoyamos a la Iglesia no solo con nuestro esfuerzo y talentos sino también con nuestros Diezmos y ofrendas, regresando los diezmos a Dios reconocemos que él es dueño y creador de todo, pero las ofrendas son dadas como una ofrenda de amor de nuestra parte. Levíticos 27:30-33; Números 18:21; Mateo 23; Malaquías 3:8-10; Lucas 11:42; Hebreos 7:8; 1 Corintios 9: 13,14
2. The Bible reveals God to us, and teaches that there are three personalities who together make one God, much as two people make one couple. 1 Corinthians 8:6; Hebrews 1:1-3; Isaiah 9:6; John 3:16; Acts 4:12; 1 John 5:11,12; John 15:26; John 16:7-15; Acts 5:3,4; Matthew 28:19
3. God is the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1; Psalms 33:6,9; Revelation 14:7, Colossians 1:15-17
4. Sin entered the universe when Lucifer, the leading angel in heaven, led out in rebellion. He became Satan, and he and followers were cast out of heaven. This has placed earth, and us, squarely in the midst of a battle between God and Satan, and we feel the consequences of that in our lives. 1 John 3:8; John 8:44; Ezekiel 28:12-17; Isaiah 14:12-14; Luke 10:18; Revelation 12:7-9; Job 1:1- 2:10
5. When Adam and Eve were created the Bible says that God breathed into him “the breath of life,” and thus he became a living soul. Genesis 2:7 When they chose to sin the whole earth began to feel the consequences. Genesis 3:17-19 The largest of these is death. The Bible tells us that when we die the breath of life goes back to God, the body returns to dust, and we rest in unconscious sleep in our grave until the resurrection. Ecclesiastes 12:7; Job 27:3; Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5,6; Psalms 116:17; Job 14:10-12, 14, 15; 17:13; 19:25027; John 5:28,29; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Revelation 20:5,6
6. Since sin has separated us from God which results in death, God’s desire to save us eternally in heaven could only be realized through an amazing plan of love.
A.God wants to save us by His grace. Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; Romans 6:23
B.Man is sinful and only deserving of death. Romans 3:10; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23
C.God in love solved this dilemma by himself dying on the cross, guilty for our sins. John 3:16; Isaiah 53:6; 1 Peter 2:24; 2 Corinthians 5:21
D.Once Jesus, the sacrifice for our sins, had died on the cross He could offer to us the free gift of eternal life. Ephesians 2:8,9; Romans 6:23
E.We receive this gift when we enter into a saving relationship with Him, asking Him into our lives as Savior and Lord. Not simply repeating words meaninglessly, but changing our lives through union with Him. 1 John 5:12; John 1:12; 1 John 1:9; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 6:6,14; 1 John 5:11
F.Once we have asked Jesus to be our Savior, we can be sure He will keep His word, and we can have assurance that He has given us eternal life. 1 John 5:11-15; John 6:47; John 1:12
If you have never taken this step, may we encourage you to contact us, we would love to share the lovely Jesus with you, and assist you in knowing Him as Savior.
8. We believe that Jesus is coming again soon to take us home with Him. Bible prophecy points to the nearness of that time. We await that “blessed hope” with eagerness. Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:27-30; 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Matthew 25:31; Luke 9:26; Matthew 24:36,44; Titus 2:13
9. At the second coming of Jesus, those who are asleep in Christ will be raised up. Those of us who are still alive will be caught up with them to meet him in the clouds. We are taken to heaven with Him and the wicked are destroyed. After the 1000 years, we return to the earth where the wicked are resurrected for the great white throne judgment. Then they, Satan, and death itself are cast into the lake of fire, burned up, and the earth will be restored to its original beauty, unmarred by the effects of sin. Sin, sorrow and death will be no more. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Revelation 20:1-10; Luke 17:20-32; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-10; 2:8; Revelation 20:11- 21:8
10. Jesus is also our attorney in God’s pre-Advent Judgment which continues until Jesus comes. At that time he will already have determined who will receive His reward. The judgment reveals those who truly trust God and demonstrate their desire to live according to the way God made us and knows is best for us. James 2:12,13; Luke 14:13,14; Ecclesiastes 12:14; Revelation 22:11,12
11. Since there is a judgment, there must be a standard for that judgment. The Ten Commandants are the standard in God’s judgment and are His principles of love, which help us organize our lives according to his will. Since they help us know what God is like, they will never change. Matthew 5:17,18; James 2:10-13; Ecclesiastes 3:14-17; 1 John 4:16; Deuteronomy 6:5 & Leviticus 19:18; Matthew 22:34-40; John 14:15
12. These commandments given to us by Jesus include the fourth commandment to keep holy the seventh day as the Sabbath, a glorious reminder that He is our Creator and Savior. The Sabbath is a delightful day of retreat from this world’s care, and for fellowship with God and fellow believers. The Sabbath was first given to man at Creation, and will be celebrated in the New Earth. Genesis 2:1-3; Acts 4:12; James 4:12; Colossians 1:16; John 1:1-3, 14; Exodus 20:8-11; Mark 2:27; Ezekiel 20:12, 20; Hebrews 4:9,10; Isaiah 58:13,14; Isaiah 56:6,7; Isaiah 66:22,23
13. We believe that the Three Angels Messages of Revelation 14 are God’s last message to the world before He comes again in glory. These messages proclaim the everlasting Gospel, announce the hour of God’s judgment has begun, call the world to worship the Creator, including the seventh day Sabbath, as well as warn the world against receiving the mark of the beast, and against false worship of the beast (the creature) instead of the Creator. Revelation 14:6-20
14. Bible Baptism by immersion serves as the visible entry or gateway into God’s church. The church provides us with the support we need to grow as Christians and be His witnesses. Matthew 28:19-20; 3:13-17; Acts 2:38, 41-47; 8:35-39; 16:32,33; 22:16; Romans 6:1-11; Galatians 3:27; Hebrews 10:25
15. We believe that the gifts of the spirit are given to the believer at baptism to build up the church until the day Jesus comes again. Acts 2:17,18,38; 1 Corinthians 1:6,7; Revelation 12:17 and 19:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:19,21; Ephesians 4:11-13; Joel 2:28,29
In accordance with this, we believe that the gift of prophecy was manifest in the ministry of Ellen White from 1844-1915. While Ellen White did play a major role in helping the fledging Seventh-day Adventist church to become one of the fastest growing Protestant churches in the world, she herself taught that our beliefs are to be taken from the Bible only and not from her writings. Every belief stated here has Bible verses to support it.
16. We should support the church not only with our efforts and spiritual gifts, but with our tithe and offerings. Returning a tithe to God is recognition that He owns everything, and is commanded by Him. But offerings are to be given as we choose. Leviticus 27:30-33; Numbers 18:21; Matthew 23;23; Malachi 3:8-10; Luke 11:42; Hebrews 7:8; 1 Corinthians 9:13,14
17. We recognize that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and in order to discern the deceptions of the last days we should want to avoid worldly entertainment that will deaden our spiritual awareness, and honor God with our bodies by living healthy lives. We avoid pornography, alcohol, recreational drugs, tobacco and other harmful practices. We are also careful to dress in such a way as to honor God. 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17; 9:25; 10:31; Proverbs 20:1; 23:29-35; 1 Timothy 2:9,10; 1 Peter 3:1-5; 1 John 2:15-17; James 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:19-22; Ephesians 5:8-11